Canals, Lanes and Shopping Tour
Join us for a half day adventure on both the New Jersey and Pennsylvania sides of the Delaware river. We'll get plenty of opportunities to sit up and take in the scenic surroundings as we ride on the canal tow path, but will venture away from the river on slightly more hilly terrain on a mixture of county lanes and dirt roads.
If you're a regular cyclist, this will be a fun afternoon away from the town. If you're new to cycling, or have only ever ridden hybrid or mountain - flat handlebar - bikes, renting one of our all-road cyclocross bikes will give you a great opportunity to try a style of riding which is a bit more sporty. We're sure that with a few charming rest stops to refuel and stretch the legs, anyone can be up to this tour!
Half Day Tours start at 1:00 pm. Private tours can be arranged at your chosen start time for groups of a minimum size of 4.
- Quiet and beautiful canal riding
- Scenic crossing of the Delaware river at the Lumberville foot bridge
- Dive into the back lanes, taking you to Carversville General store for coffee and cake
- Stop at Peddlers Village, a small colonial feel town with 65 independent owned specialty shops, for 1 hour
Bring your own bike or rent one of our cyclocross bikes
Our bikes are not like the traditional tow path bikes and beach cruisers. Our bikes are lighter, have a more sporty feel and have a more agile handling making them ideal for adventuring on not just the canal tow path, but also when the road starts to wind up away from the river on paved and unpaved roads. We will make sure you are comfortable on your bike before setting off!
If you want to bring your own bike, we'd prefer you to tell us a bit about the bike you'd like to bring as you make your booking. Comfort hybrids and beach cruiser style bikes may end up feeling like they are holding you back a bit compared to everyone else!
- We meet in time for a 1pm departure. The meeting location is the tow path parking area on River Road, Lambertville, NJ.
- Price: $40 includes cafe stop
- Bike Rental: $35
- Distance: 20 miles
- Difficulty: Easy